These pages are a categorised reading list of useful books for Data Scientists. I’ve read these and recommend them for the challenges a Data Science team will face when operating in dynamic Guerrilla Analytics project environments. If you would like to recommend an addition, please get in touch.
Not basic as in ‘easy’ but rather the foundational techniques you need to get up and running as a Guerrilla Analyst.
- Pro Git (Expert’s Voice in Software Development)
- Data Science at the Command Line: Facing the Future with Time-Tested Tools
- Data Smart: Using Data Science to Transform Information into Insight
- Bad Data Handbook
Now that you have the basics in place, these books will help you with gentle introductions to machine learning, visualization and general project management.
- Git Pocket Guide
- Machine Learning for Hackers
- Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
- Guerrilla Analytics: A Practical Approach to Working with Data
- Programming Collective Intelligence: Building Smart Web 2.0 Applications
Sometimes really tough and interesting projects come along. Good times! Here are some advanced techniques to help you deliver.
A variety of other indirectly related books that will help and inspire your Guerrilla Analytics.